- Demystifying “Ispell and its process have different character maps”
- The ispell.el package for Emacs can issue the error message “Ispell and its process have different character maps”. It’s not clear from the message what this means. I explain what Emacs is thinking and, to give an example of how it can happen, I tell a war story of how I tripped over this.
- How to filter calendar entries in Outlook Today
- ARM Instruction Formats/Timings
- This is an introduction to opcode formats and timings for the ARM processor. It was written in conjunction with Robin Watts. It’s a little out of date now as it only deals with the ARM 2, 3 and 6 so doesn’t cover Thumb instructions but it’s not a bad place to start.
- Sorting algorithms
- This was a set of articles about sorting algorithms originally posted on
sys.in September 1996 by Gareth McCaughan. I’ve made it available as it was too good to lose. acorn. programmer
- Integer square root and integer reciprocal square root routines for ARM processors.
- These are two sets of articles which were posted on
sys.about how to calculate square root and reciprocal square root on ARM processors. These questions come up so frequently I thought I’d better put the answers somewhere safe. arm
- Character sheets for Call of Cthulhu.
- Printable character sheets for the Call of Cthulhu role-playing game.
Much of this site was previously hosted at www.finesse.demon.co.uk.
Comments, about this page or any of the other pages I’m responsible for should be directed to me by e-mail at email@example.com.